Feature Request: refactor all

Topics: User Forum
Dec 12, 2006 at 9:13 PM
I know the source is downloadable, unfortunately the time to do the job myself is not.
So here comes my personal feature request:
A button in the dialog which allows me to refactor all equal strings in <chooseable files> automatically.
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2006 at 9:35 PM
That feature is actually implemented in the beta release which you can download from Releases section.

Thanks,
Bertan
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:11 PM
I installed the Beta 1.0 but I can't find this feature. How do we use it?

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Once you are in "Extract to Resource" dialog, there is an option in the dialog that says "All instances in the project". If you check that option and enable previoew, the next screen will list all instances of the string that is being refactored and you can choose which ones to refactor.
Feb 8, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Oh ok! I though the feature request was more like "extract all strings from file" or "extract all strings from project". Is it in your project to implement such a feature? The Eclipse IDE do something like that.
Jun 5, 2007 at 8:18 AM
I agree with Etienne. I also think that such a feature would be very usefull. Like in the Eclipse IDE one can select specific files or a project and all strings in these files will be presented in a list and one can select if a string should be extracted or left, change the proposed name, change the value, etc.
I would also be nice if the size of the "Extract to resource"-Window could be changed.

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM
Hi,

This is a nice suggestion and we had plans to do something similar as well.

However we are not currently doing active development on Resource Refactoring tool right now, but you are welcome to implement this feature and if you want we can give you developer access in the project to get started.

Thanks,
Bertan