Bug Report and Feature Request: A chance to change the string name

Topics: User Forum
May 11, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Edited May 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM
I love this tool very much.

1. This is a bug.
When I open the dialog, I cannot see part of it. I am using Windows XP Simplified Chinese version. Sorry that I cannot paste a snapshot here. What I cannot see and set is the text box --- Resource Name. As a result, I cannot set the string name myself which is horrible most of the time.

The only walk around I can see is to navigate to the text box by press TAB for several times, and type the name without knowing what is typed.

A possible bug fix may be the dialog turns to be resizable.

2. This is a request.
When I refactor a string to resource A.resx, I'd like to have a corresponding entry added to A.zh-CN.resx and A.<any culture>.resx. That would be much more convenient. The entries added to A.<any culture>.resx may contain the English version of the string, after all I need to translate them myself.
May 16, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Edited May 16, 2007 at 8:56 AM
I have done a patch myself which is a modified version of ResourceRefactor.UserInterface.dll.

I changed the UI a little bit to make the invisible items visible.

This modified version fix the bug described above.

The patch dll can be found at

http://gforge.oss.org.cn/frs/download.php/136/ResourceRefactor.UserInterface.dll

Replace the original one with this (back up the original version if necessary) and then open Visual Studio 2005 to see the changes I made.